RMNCAH Directorate organized the first RMNCAH Steering Committee of the year 2017 that was held today in Ministry of Public Health Afghanistan that was chaired by Dr. Ahmad Jan Naeem, Ministry of Public Health’s Deputy Minister with active participation of UN agencies, MoPH departments and RMNCAH stakeholders.
The Role of the RMNCAH Steering Committee is to:
- Strengthen advocacy and coordination at higher level among key stakeholders
- Identify priority needs for the RMNCAH, share lesson learned, new strategies and
approaches for the better program implementation.
- Streamline the RMNCAH activities, build and improve effective inter‐sectoral
coordination and collaboration mechanisms
- Report partners’ achievements, potential challenges and financial resources in the area
of RMNCAH to avoid duplication and ensure efforts and expenditures are appropriate to
RMNCH programs and projects expectations in entire country
- Address any issue that has major implications for the RMNCH program and/or projects.
During this steering committee, the following agendas were presented and discussed:
- An overview of Trust Fund project: The first ever off-budget project led by MoPH Technical Department
- An update on MCH home-based handbook initiative
- SAARC Project successful implementation updates
- Update on the use of RMNCH accountability tool (Scorecard) and its challenges
- A presentation on Child and Adolescent Health program shortfalls
- Overall RMNCAH programs updates, challenges, and recommendations
- Presentation by UNFPA on “Strengthening Health Systems for maternal mortality and morbidity reduction. What are the strategic areas to invest in?”
- RMNCAH website Introduction and Launching
The meeting concluded with relevant recommendation from partners and H.E. Dr. Ahmad Jan Naeem. RMNCAH directorate will closely follow-up the recommendations with relevant stakeholders.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”11″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”600″ gallery_height=”400″ cycle_effect=”fade” cycle_interval=”10″ show_thumbnail_link=”1″ thumbnail_link_text=”[Show thumbnails]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]